Carriage House and Courtyard Rates
Daytime Monday-Friday, up to 10 hour block: Carriage House and Courtyard -OR- Parlors $3,000 / Carriage House, Courtyard -AND- Parlors $4,500. Rental available 6 a.m. 4 p.m. only and includes guided tours of the historic house if scheduled in advance. Load-out must be completed by 4 p.m. or the evening rental rate will apply.
Evening Monday-Thursday, 7 hour block: $5,000 (private/corporate) / $4,000 (non-profit). Rental includes guided house tours and a minimum of three (3) hours for set-up and breakdown.
- Friday-Sunday, 8 hour block: $7,400 (private/corporate) / $5,500 (non-profit). Rental includes guided house tours and a minimum of three (3) hours for set-up and breakdown.
- Friday-Sunday, 10 hour block: $8,500 (private/corporate) / $6,400 (non-profit). Rental includes guided house tours and a minimum of three (3) hours for set-up and breakdown and one (1) hour for the ceremony rehearsal.
- Friday-Sunday, 12 hour block: $11,000 (private/corporate) / $8,250 (non-profit). Rental includes guided house tours and a minimum of four (4) hours for set-up and breakdown. Includes use of Carriage House, Courtyard and Parlors and one (1) hour for ceremony rehearsal.
Historic House Rates
- Weekly, 7 hour block: $6,500 (private/corporate) / $4,800 (non-profit). Rental includes a minimum of three (3) hours for set-up and breakdown. Note: In addition to use of the Carriage House and Courtyard, clients may rent the Historic House for an additional $2,800.
Preferred Vendor Winter and Summer Rate
- The event must be held January 1st March 31st or July 1st August 31st (not including holidays). If client contracts with at least one (1) Decatur House Preferred Vendor they will receive the discounted rental date.
Weekday Evening (Monday - Thursday)
- 7 Hour Block: $4,750 (Private/ Corporate) / $3,800 (Non-Profit)
Weekend (Friday Sunday)
- 8 Hour Block: $7,030 (Private/ Corporate) / $5,225 (Non-Profit)
- 10 Hour Block: $8,075 (Private/ Corporate) / $6,080 (Non-Profit)
- 12 Hour Block: $10,450 (Private/ Corporate) / $7,800 (Non-Profit)
Historic Entertaining Parlors
- 7 Hour Block: $6,175 (Private/ Corporate) / $4,560 (Non-Profit)
Fees & Restrictions
Endowment Fee: All contracting parties give a contribution that will ensure the future maintenance and upkeep of the Decatur House historic site and event spaces. Contracting parties will give a $100 level contribution if they are renting the space for a private or non-profit event and a $200 contribution if they are renting the space for a corporate event.
Event Timing: Music and bars must end by 11:30 p.m., with all guests leaving no later than midnight. If your event goes longer than the contracted time, overtime will be billed at $600/hour, or any fraction thereof. Set-up and breakdown overtime will be billed at $200/hour, or any fraction thereof.
Overtime: Event time is counted when you or your first guest arrives and ends when you or your last guest leaves. Any event overtime will be billed at $600 per hour, or any fraction thereof. For events requiring more than its allotted time for set-up and clean-up, the Contracting Party will be charged $200 for each additional hour, or any fraction thereof.
Final Walkthrough: Decatur House staff will schedule a required final walkthrough for each event during business hours, Monday through Friday.
Holiday/Heavy Season Charge: For events being held on a holiday or heavy season day, Decatur House requires an additional donation as part of the rental fee. Please refer to the Director of Special Events for specific charges.
Food/Drink: Only hosted bars are permitted on the premises.
Security Deposit: A $600 refundable security deposit is required of all contracting parties and will be refunded no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the event, if it is determined that no damage has occurred and no other charges are outstanding.
Audio-visual Packages: We are proud to provide our clients with a state-of-the-art and affordable audio-visual system to meet their basic event needs, including a podium and microphone, screens and projectors, wireless microphones and internet. Please contact the Director of Special Events for a complete listing of our packages, pricing, and policies.
Tent Vendor: Sugarplum Tent Company is the exclusive tent provider for any event at Decatur House. Please call Sugarplum Tent Company at 301-869-2054 to discuss tenting packages for your special event.
Wedding Guidelines: The ten (10) and twelve (12) hour blocks allow for an additional one (1) hour of rehearsal time, though the hour and date is subject to availability. Date and time can be reserved six weeks prior to event date. In most cases, the latest time slot available for a rehearsal is 4-5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Due to holiday and event scheduling earlier times may be required. Please also note that Decatur House does not allow the throwing of rice, confetti, birdseed, sparklers, flower petals or bubble blowing.
Chair Rental Guidelines: Decatur House chairs are $4.00 per/chair and does not include set-up. Maximum number of chairs available is 180. Final number confirmation must be received 72 hours prior to event. Decatur House chairs are to be used in the Carriage House and Historic Parlors only, chairs cannot be used in the Courtyard. Chairs can be used for meetings, panel discussions and other events not serving food and beverage.
Restrictions: Cash bars are not permitted. The throwing of rice, confetti, birdseed, flower petals and bubble blowing are not allowed. No food or drink is permitted in the Historic House Museum, unless as part of a Historic Entertaining Parlors rental. No red beverage or food (berries, red wine, cranberry or tomato juice), open flame, or amplification is permitted in the Historic Entertaining Parlors. Functions must end by 12 midnight; music and bars must stop by 11:30 p.m.
Cancellations: The full amount of the rental fee deposit (less a $500 processing fee) shall be returned to the Contracting Party if the Director of Special Events is notified of the cancellation at least 180 days prior to the contracted event date. Between 150 days and less than 180 days prior to the event, one-half (1/2) of the rental fee deposit will be returned. With less than 150 days prior to the event, there will be no refund.