Title: President Ford playing tennis
Description: President Ford, CIA Director-designate George H. W. Bush, Assistant Press Secretary John Carlson and Economic Policy Board Executive Secretary Roger Porter play tennis at the White House. Theodore Roosevelt first installed tennis courts at the White House behind the West Wing. When William Howard Taft expanded the West Wing in 1911, the courts were moved to their present location on the South Lawn.
Credit: Gerald R. Ford Library