Title: The North View of the White House
Description: David d’Angers’ Jefferson statue stands on a pedestal behind the iron fence in front of the North Portico. President Polk, calling himself a “Jeffersonian,” had the statue moved from the Capitol to the White House. It remained on the north lawn for twenty-seven years, and is the only statue of a President to have been within White House grounds.
Date: c. 1847-1857
Credit: The White House