This Administrative Assistant position supports the President with a primary focus on performing administrative tasks efficiently and effectively to allow the President to maintain uninterrupted focus on business activities and outside ventures. The position requires a capable individual with extensive experience in a similar position. An ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize in a busy environment while being a positive ambassador for the President and the Association as part of a front office team. This role requires someone who is dedicated to producing the highest quality of work, regardless of the task.
- Provide all administrative support for President
- Maintain list of projects and status of projects and communicate status to President daily
- Screen all phone calls for President
- Schedule meetings and make meeting preparations as needed
- Manages Presidential correspondence and dictations
- Prepare agenda and update dashboard as well as the Association calendar
- Briefings preparation, working with other team members
- Intensive calendar maintenance for the President with focus on resolving any potential conflicts
- Prepare detailed itineraries and make all travel arrangements (Airlines, hotel, car) and maintain frequent flyer mileage programs
- Maintain President’s files
- Special projects as needed
- Maintain President’s contacts database
- Maintain an accurate gift log
- Manage President’s official hospitality including onsite and offsite working lunches, receptions, etc.
- Front desk duties such as, answering the door intercom, sorting through the WH mail etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (PC as well as Mac), outlook, Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail and follow-up oriented and highly accurate
- Flexible and accommodating
- Dedicated, discreet and able handle confidential information
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar capacity
- Proven and verifiable record of success as an administrative assistant to a senior-level executive
The regular hours for this role are 8:00 AM to approximately 5:00 PM, but the individual must be flexible on hours as required.
Competitive salary for D.C.
Plan outline will be provided.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter describing relevant experience, a resume, and references to Imke Gahrmann (email@example.com). The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.