The Association is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Principal Gifts to join the Development team. This position will report to the Vice President of Individual Giving.
The Assistant Vice President, Principal Gifts will serve as the primary fundraiser securing gifts in support of the White House Historical Association (WHHA) at the seven-figure level and above. The Assistant Vice President (AVP) is charged with discovering, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding seven-figure prospects with a particular focus on potential donors capable of gifting $2.5 million or more to the WHHA. Reporting to the Vice President of Individual Giving, the AVP, Principal Gifts will be fully focused on front-line fundraising work and will be responsible for driving critical revenue in support of the priorities of the White House Historical Association from principally rated individuals and their respective giving vehicles (foundations, donor advised funds, etc.).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of 50-75 principal gift prospects with the capacity to give $1 million or more, with a dedicated focus on those with the capacity to give $2.5 million or more.
- Identifies the leading funders in the areas of philanthropy most aligned with the WHHA mission and builds substantive, trusted relationships on behalf of the WHHA with those top philanthropists.
- Prepares and presents formal fundraising proposals to principal donors and prospects, leveraging WHHA communications partnerships to utilize effective brand and messaging.
- Leads collaborative solicitation strategies in partnership with WHHA leadership to advance the priorities of the Association through transformational gifts.
- Ensures that principal gifts are well stewarded in coordination with donor relations staff, including necessary reporting as well as appropriate, timely, and consistent recognition.
- Drives donor work with urgency and independent motivation, demonstrating expertise and reliable judgement in all donor matters.
- Advances a collaborative team culture with a focus on high-level results and accountability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ten or more years of relevant professional experience required.
- Experience successfully securing 7-figure philanthropic gifts is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to understand the interests and needs of principal gift level donors is required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail is required.
- A willingness to travel for donor meetings and work occasional evenings and/or weekends is required.
WHHA offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Life insurance
- Long/Short term Disability
- Long term Healthcare Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 403B Matching
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Day
- Paid Meal Breaks
- Metro Smart Benefits
The White House Historical Association is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization founded in 1961 by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy to enhance the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. For more than sixty years, the Association has produced award-winning books on a wide range of subjects related to the history of the President’s House and has actively fulfilled its educational mission with robust educational programming and retail offerings.
This is NOT a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House Collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
How to Apply
Send cover letter describing your relevant experiences, and your resume in a single Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.