The White House Historical Association Marketing, Communications, and Digital department is currently seeking a full-time Content Specialist. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and proactive, collaborates well in team settings and tackles solo projects with minimal supervision, and has experience or a degree in Communications, or digital content creation. This entry-level position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Digital Outreach and Assistant Vice President of Communications.
- Draft press releases, backgrounders, and fact sheets and create press and outreach lists as needed
- Maintain press tracker with earned media placements
- Generate and send material requested by press, including product photos, Digital Library albums, and web content from whitehousehistory.org
- Send upcoming events to media calendars using existing media list
- Send press releases via PR Newswire as needed
Digital & Marketing Support
- Plan, write, and send monthly website e-newsletter
- Involvement in creation of marketing- and communications-related social media
- Proofread email marketing copy and test links prior to distribution
- Draft and proofread marketing collateral for events and projects
- Assist with other marketing initiatives as needed
- Maintain department editorial calendar with upcoming Association events across all departments
- Keep department meeting agenda and notes
- Package and mail materials to press and vendors as needed
- Assist in managing day-to-day department admin operations as needed
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in communications and digital content or a degree in those subjects is a requirement. Some Marketing experience, experience using a media monitoring program such as Cision, and experience using a web CMS such as Craft, WordPress, or Drupal is preferred. A background or interest in history is a plus.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter describing your relevant experiences and a resume including the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Specialist.” The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.