ABOUT THE COORDINATOR, MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS
The Coordinator, Membership Programs, will oversee the newly launched membership program at The White House Historical Association. Through a partnership with the Washington Nationals baseball team and a nation-wide direct-mail campaign, the Association gained approximately 5,000 members in less than one year.
The membership program is an important part of the multi-faceted fundraising initiative at The White House Historical Association.
The Coordinator, Membership Programs is responsible for organizing and executing outreach and operations to expand and steward the membership program of the WHHA. This position is housed within the Development Department and will collaborate with event planners, fundraisers, the Finance Department, and multiple vendors. In addition to the core responsibilities relating to the membership program, this role will provide project support to the Vice President of Development and Associate Vice President of Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with Development leadership in setting and achieving membership goals.
- Develops and manages a budget for the membership program.
- Manages the migration of new member information into Raisers Edge CRM system.
- Coordinates membership initiatives with all departments.
- Establishes the overall strategy and the annual calendar of membership events and programs.
- Hires and supervises the part-time staffing of membership fulfillment.
- In coordination with Development leadership and vendors, establishes the strategy and timeline for all membership mailings and email communications including acquisition mailings, renewals, upgrades, invitations, general communications and annual fund appeals.
- Serves as key collaborator for regional development programing.
- Collaborates with vendors in creating and implementing direct mail and online package appeal for membership acquisition upgrades and annual fund appeals.
- Administers systems for maintaining and building the individual membership programs, including membership levels, acquisition, renewal, upgrade, and annual fund appeals.
- Works with the Donor Relations Manager to draft all membership materials for approval, including thank you letters, welcome packets, web content, emails, appeals and special marketing materials as needed.
- Coordinates the Association's efforts to promote and increase membership on-site at the Decatur House, The White House Visitor’s Center, and special events.
- Works with the Development team on a wide range of fundraising and engagement strategies for members, donors, and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required;
- Customer relations experience (such as sales or service industry) preferred.
- Proficiency in a customer relationship management system preferred.
- Proven ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, strong project management skills, and an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated literacy in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Vision, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit, combined with strong project management, organizational and communication skills are important in this position.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of The White House Historical Association.
- Highly motivated and energetic, record of showing initiative and ability to work independently.
- Project coordination experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please Contact: RWilson@whha.org