The Coordinator, Prospect Research, will assess the philanthropic potential of prospects and donors for the WHHA. He/she will utilize industry best practices to grow the size and quality of the prospect pool, with an emphasis placed on high-level Major ($50K-$4.9M) Gift prospects. The Coordinator produces research and briefings for advancement-related meetings, trips, and events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles information and writes briefing materials on individual prospects for the President’s Office and Development Office leadership using established formats for development-related visits and events.
- Using multiple sources, develops and synthesizes information on prospects — including background, career, financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and nature of their relationship to the WHHA.
- Recognizes and analyzes wealth indicators and synthesizes diverse information to assess donor philanthropic capacity.
- Tracks and uncovers information on new Major Gift prospects using a variety of free and fee-based resources, updates information in database records, and shares updates with fundraising staff as appropriate.
- Identifies new prospects in order to grow the Association prospect pool.
- Stays current on industry trends and practices through associations, professional colleagues, and other sources.
- Develops and demonstrates skill in reading and interpreting financial documents, including regulatory filings, and proficiency in terms used in the financial services industry.
- Serves as a point of contact to Development Office staff on prospect research protocols and products.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the data available on the Association’s constituent database: Salesforce.
- Proofs and edits colleagues’ documents in accordance with team standards.
- Partners with research requesters to identify specific research needs.
- Tracks key activities for department metrics reporting.
- Updates data to accurately reflect prospect information.
- Develops spreadsheets, tables, charts and illustrations as required to analyze and describe groups of prospects.
- Develops dashboards and reports to provide senior leaders, managers, and fundraisers effective methods for spotting trends, evaluating performance, accessing key prospect information, and planning prospect visits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years of professional experience required. Various professional backgrounds considered. Experience supporting executive leadership, financial analysis, accounting, journalism, or grant writing preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, interpersonal, and presentational skills required.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in efficient and effective internet search methodologies required.
- Scrupulous attention to matters of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Proficiency with Windows environment and standard MS Office suite: Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc. required. Experience with Salesforce CRM software ideal.
- Passion for American History preferred.
Competitive Salary for Greater Washington, D.C., DOE
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with Coordinator of Prospect Research in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.