The White House Historical Association (WHHA) is seeking an enthusiastic and mission-driven Development and Donor Engagement Assistant who will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment. This part-time position will be the first point of contact for members, playing a key role in building and conveying the value of WHHA to our donors, assisting with donor relations and stewardship processes (including donor communications, activities, and events), and ensuring that constituents receive appropriate engagement and recognition. This position will report to the Senior Director of Donor Engagement and the Director of Membership and Operations.
- Department: Development
- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Schedule: 20-25 hours per week, Monday through Friday during normal business hours (some evening or weekend availability may be required)
- Location: The Development office is located at 1616 H Street, NW, Washington, DC 20010. Due to the nature of the position, this position will be required to report in-person with some flexibility for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact and provide front line support for all individual and corporate donors via phone and email (to include responding to inquiries and conducting new donor outreach), ensuring a quality experience and establishing a long-term relationship with the Association.
- Provide administrative support for membership and leadership society mailings and stewardship activities, to include the timely mailing of donor acknowledgment letters, pledge reminders, seasonal cards, invitations, gift announcements, donor recognition pieces, etc.
- Assist with the benefit fulfillment process, to include printing, organizing, shipping, and tracking fulfillment packages.
- Provide database administration support to ensure accuracy and completeness of member information in Salesforce.
- Pull donor contact data and other relevant reports from donor Database.
- Provide administrative support in the production and distribution of donor relations mailings, email blasts, digital pieces, and other outreach.
- Provide administrative support for Development events and other Development activities (both digital and in-person).
- Coordinate membership and Development initiatives with other departments within the Association.
- Support team-wide research needs, to include identifying and researching potential donors for the Association’s various programs and events, as needed.
- Work with Development team to coordinate, administer and document donor relations and activities.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities; experience in coordinating multi-step projects and reaching milestones on time without sacrificing accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills and effective verbal communication skills.
- Takes initiative, demonstrates creativity, personable, and has a high level of professionalism.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team, to proactively collaborate with WHHA staff, donors, and third-party vendors on relevant projects.
- Demonstrated experience in membership program support.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce or similar CRM database and able to manage and maintain data with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience working in membership services for an association or fundraising team is highly preferred.
- Background in or passion for history, education, museums, and/or non-profit fundraising.
- Familiarity with business applications for social and digital media.
- Excellent computer knowledge with proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and mail merges required.
The White House Historical Association is a nonprofit educational association founded in 1961 for the purpose of enhancing the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. This is not a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. Please submit a current resume, brief cover letter, and list of references to Michael Moore, Director of Membership and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.