The White House Historical Association Marketing, Communications, and Digital department is currently seeking a full-time Digital Content and Communications Specialist. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail oriented, a great writer, and a creative thinker with experience or a degree in Communications or Digital Content. This position reports to the Director of Digital Outreach and Director of Communications.
- Draft press releases, background and factsheets and create press and outreach lists as needed
- Manage and update the press page, press releases, and other press resources on whitehousehistory.org website as needed
- Generate and send material requested by press, including product photos, books and quarterlies, retail products and Digital Library albums, and web content from whitehousehistory.org
- Listen to first draft audio of podcast episodes as needed
- Send press releases via PR Newswire as needed
Digital Outreach Support
- Manage day-to-day content on whitehousehistory.org via Craft CMS, including but not limited to adding new articles to the website, updating collections and other web content, and editing web content as requested by other departments
- Plan, write and send monthly newsletter to main website/Craft mailing list
- Assist in managing day-to-day department admin operations as needed
Minimum of 1 year of experience working in communications and digital content or a degree in those subjects is a requirement. Marketing experience and experience using a CMS such as Craft, WordPress, or Drupal is preferred. A background in history is a plus.
The White House Historical Association is a nonprofit educational association founded in 1961 for the purpose of enhancing the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. This is not a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter describing your relevant experiences and a resume including the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Content and Communications Specialist.” The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.