The White House Historical Association Development Office is hiring a Digital Marketing Intern to support its digital programming, social media, and fundraising efforts. This position will be based at our Washington, DC office with some flexibility for remote work.
The Digital Marketing Intern will support development staff with digital initiatives, including the production of History Happy Hour, a biweekly virtual program. They will assist in the creation of program communications, data tracking and analytics, market research, and social media marketing. The Intern will produce research for program related strategic planning.
- Support History Happy Hour programming by drafting emails and other forms of communication, designing and managing registration pages, and responding to participant inquiries.
- Research and compile information on programing trends in Washington, DC and around the United States to guide strategic program planning.
- Support donor outreach initiatives by creating ThankView templates, social media posts, and digital newsletters.
- Support fundraising initiatives by designing and creating online donation forms in Classy.
- Partner with Assistant Director of Constituent Relations to identify specific program needs.
- Tracks key virtual activities for department metrics reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current or recently graduated undergraduate student at an accredited college or university. Various educational backgrounds considered. Experience supporting leadership, communications, virtual programming, journalism, or history preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Scrupulous attention to matters of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Proficiency with Windows environment and standard MS Office suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with CRM databases (Salesforce) preferred.
- Proficiency with Zoom Webinar platform, social media applications, and other web tools (ThankView, Classy) preferred.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Passion for American History preferred.
Benefits:This is a part-time (15 hours/week), temporary position from June through August with possibility for extension. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. office with some flexibility for remote work. This internship offers an hourly rate of $15.25 per hour.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter describing how this role fits into you academic curriculum and career pursuits, and a resume, in a single Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.