In its 60th year, the White House Historical Association (WHHA) is successfully engaging and educating people across the country and around the world with its significant and rich content. This new role will maximize exposure to the Association’s products, programs, and mission through sophisticated, multi-channel strategies; increase the Association’s revenue by exploring and negotiating new distribution partnerships and e-commerce opportunities; and position the Association to engage a broader, more diverse, and younger demographic.
WHHA is seeking a Director of E-Commerce to be responsible for executing the e-commerce strategy for the Association’s retail websites on the Shopify+ and Amazon.com platforms, with strategy guidance from the Assistant Vice President of Digital Outreach and Director of Marketing. The director will also work in close collaboration with the Vice President of Retail Sales and Strategy, the Vice President of Publications, and the Director of Retail Operations. The director is responsible for the daily functions of the Association’s e-commerce website, shop.whitehousehistory.org, which is on the Shopify+ platform, and the Association’s selling presence on Amazon.com. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Association’s Retail and Publications department to add new products, publications, and collections to the Shopify+ website as well as managing any projects, SEO work, and website changes on that platform and on Amazon.com.
- Minimum of 3 years e-commerce experience and a high proficiency in Shopify+ and Amazon.com is required.
- A full understanding of e-commerce, from the technical to the business process, is essential.
- Customer service skills, creativity, and strong writing and editing a must.
- Previous experience with email marketing a plus.
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and research skills; Ability to present complex concepts and analysis in a clear, succinct, and organized manner to senior management.
- Proven ability to drive significant business outcomes via testing and optimization of websites and online stores.
- Demonstrated; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial, and eager to take ownership and make an impact; strong planning and project management skills.
- A flexible mindset that is open to change and new information. You’re first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Interest in The White House Historical Association’s mission.