The White House Historical Association is accepting applications for the full-time position of Director of Events. This position reports to the President of the White House Historical Association.
The Director of Special Events will handle the planning and execution of the Association's most important and significant events.
- Plan and execute the Association’s major events, including:
- Organize and execute quarterly lecture series, book launches, receptions, donor events, annual colloquium and symposium, the biennial Presidential Sites Summit, as well as other programs and important events.
- Develop new programs to expand the reach of the Association’s education mission and partnerships.
- Oversee all programs and other events held at or hosted by the Association.
- Coordinate with the President of the Association and its staff to ensure the highest-quality program is produced.
- Troubleshoot solutions for when events stray from the plan.
- Oversee coordination with and travel arrangements for guest speakers and VIPs.
- Provide support for other Association projects, all public events, and all programs relating to the mission of the Association.
- Organize, manage, and advocate for the needs of both the Office of the President and the Association at large.
- Communicate effectively with staff and guests.
Experience in matters of protocol and the ability to execute perfect social occasions, as well as serious and substantial business, public and media events is required. Strong communication and organizational skills are required. Meticulously detail oriented skills also a must. Ability to work under deadline and other pressures.
Previous White House or governor’s mansion event management experience preferred. Some travel required.
Competitive salary for DC.
Plan outline will be provided.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter, and references to Stewart McLaurin in the care of firstname.lastname@example.org.