The Association is seeking a Director of Leadership Annual Giving to join the Development Team. This position will report to the Vice President of Individual Giving.
The Director of Leadership Annual Giving at the White House Historical Association (WHHA) will build and lead a front-line solicitation program to grow the volume of unrestricted gifts made between $1,000 - $49,999 in support of the WHHA each year. The Director will develop a strong, consistent pipeline of annual gifts that bridge the direct response Membership program ($1,200 and under) and the Major Gift ($50K+) / Principal Gift ($1M+) individual giving programs. The Director of Leadership Annual Giving will personally work to solicit gifts in this range through direct contact with donors, including 200 donor meetings each year. The Director will plan for, hire, and manage an additional front-line fundraising staff member to collectively achieve annual revenue goals for Leadership Annual Giving in support of the Association’s mission.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 250 prospects capable of making annual gifts in support of the White House Historical Association at the Leadership Annual Gift level ($1K-$49,999).
- Personally secure Leadership Annual Gifts at high volume, achieving revenue goals for unrestricted, repeatable support of the Association.
- Travel to meet with donors in order to secure annual gifts and multi-year commitments, achieving donor meeting goal of 200 annually.
- Collaborate with the staff leadership of the direct mail Membership program in order to add new value and build upon the success of mail, email, and digital solicitation campaigns.
- Coordinate with major gift and principal gift officers and Individual Giving leadership in order to successfully hand-off qualified prospects and donors above the Leadership Annual Giving level, achieving annual hand-off metrics.
- Evaluate, build, and assess full Leadership Annual Giving program to maximize revenue potential at this giving level.
- Hire, manage, and develop direct report(s) as Leadership Annual Giving program grows.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience required.
- Experience successfully soliciting donations in high volume between $1,000-$49,999 is preferred.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing direct report(s) is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholder colleagues to achieve shared goals is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and assess a program to produce results in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail is required.
- Willingness to travel for donor meetings and work occasional evenings and/or weekends is required.
WHHA offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Life insurance
- Long/Short term Disability
- Long term Healthcare Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 403B Matching
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Day
- Paid Meal Breaks
- Metro Smart Benefits
The White House Historical Association is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization founded in 1961 by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy to enhance the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. For more than sixty years, the Association has produced award-winning books on a wide range of subjects related to the history of the President’s House and has actively fulfilled its educational mission with robust educational programming and retail offerings.
This is NOT a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House Collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
Candidates selected for this position must pass a full background and reference check.
How to Apply
Send cover letter describing your relevant experiences, and your resume in a single Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.