The White House Historical Association (WHHA) is seeking a Director of Special Projects and Board Support. This position will report directly to the President of the White House Historical Association and work collaboratively with the President’s Assistant and other senior officers of the Association.
- Management and execution of special projects
- The conceptualization, execution, management of signature special events involving the Association President, Board of Directors, and key White House relationships
- Facilitating the President’s development role
- Assist with board relative activities (incl. board related and committee meetings and the creation of supporting documents)
- This role will also be the Association’s expert on government and business protocol and will ensure that all senior level interactions of the Association are handled accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong demonstrated interest in American and White House history is required
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (PC as well as Mac), outlook, Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail and follow-up oriented and highly accurate
- Flexible and accommodating
- Dedicated, discreet and able handle confidential information
- Minimum two years of experience in development, special events, protocol or executive support
The regular hours for this role are 9:00 AM to approximately 5:00 PM, but the individual must be flexible on hours as required.
Competitive salary for D.C.
Plan outline will be provided.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter describing relevant experience, a resume, and references to Imke Gahrmann (email@example.com). The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.