The Membership Program Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the White House Historical Association Membership Program. Launched in 2017, the membership program has grown to over 10,000 active members in less than three years.
The membership program is an important part of the multi-faceted fundraising initiative at The White House Historical Association.
The Membership Program Manager is responsible for organizing operations, data, and vendor relationships related to the membership program. This position is housed within the Development Department and will include active collaboration with the Marketing and Finance Departments, the David M. Rubenstein National Center for White House History, and the office of the WHHA President. This role will report to the Assistant Vice President for Development and Membership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with Development leadership in setting and achieving membership goals.
- Develops and manages a budget for the membership program.
- Manages the migration of new member information into Salesforce.
- Coordinates membership initiatives with all internal stakeholders.
- Establishes the overall strategy and the annual calendar of membership events and programs.
- Hires and supervises part-time staff responsible for membership customer service.
- In coordination with Development leadership and vendors, establishes the strategy and timeline for all membership mailings and email communications including acquisition mailings, renewals, upgrades, invitations, general communications and annual fund appeals.
- Serves as key collaborator for regional development programing.
- Maintains training and capabilities for use of Salesforce, Classy (online giving platform) and other technology platforms within the Development Department.
- Builds and delivers reporting on Membership revenue, trends, and related data.
- Assists on Special Projects as Assigned
- Collaborates with vendors in creating and implementing direct mail and online package appeal for membership acquisition upgrades and annual fund appeals.
- Administers systems for maintaining and building individual membership programs, including membership levels, acquisition, renewal, upgrade, and annual fund appeals.
- Works with the Senior Director of Donor Relations to draft all membership materials for approval, including thank-you letters, welcome packets, web content, emails, appeals and special marketing materials as needed.
- Works with the Development team on a wide range of fundraising and engagement strategies for members, donors, and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree is required;
- Customer relations experience (such as sales or service industry) preferred.
- Proficiency in a customer relationship management system preferred.
- Proven ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, strong project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated literacy in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Vision, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit, combined with strong project management, organizational and communication skills are important in this position.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of The White House Historical Association.
- Highly motivated and energetic, record of showing initiative and ability to work independently.
- Project coordination experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with Membership Program Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.