The White House Historical Association is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that is dedicated to the preservation, research and education of the Executive Mansion. The annual Official White House Christmas Ornament has been a staple of our organization since 1981, and this year we are celebrating the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
The kiosk at Pentagon City Mall will be located next to the Santa Experience, and customers will have the opportunity to purchase the ornament as they exit the event. Due to the large crowds that the mall has for this event we are in need of staff to manage the kiosk and sell the ornament. This is a part-time, limited engagement position. It will be held from November 16th to December 24th, and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily assessment of items, including the ornament and bags.
- Communication with supervisor to ensure sufficient stock of merchandise is consistently available.
- Presentation and knowledge of the ornament and the Association to interested customers.
- Operation of the Square system to complete transactions.
- Maintaining the overall presentation and cleanliness of the kiosk.
- Bagging of the purchases for each customer.
- Locking up of the kiosk, and making sure all valuables are safely stored.
- Customer service experience and outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortability with crowded environments and loud visitors.
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers.
- Availability to work on the weekends.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com and include Part-Time Christmas Kiosk Assistant in the subject line.