This position serves as a representative of the White House Historical Association. The employee is the primary resource for answers questions regarding membership to the association in person or by phone and greets visitors at the front desk of our Development office.
This is a part-time position, either 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm. Reports to the Vice President for Development.
- Receives incoming telephone calls. Handles routine and administrative calls and refers callers to the appropriate employee when necessary.
- Provide general office assistance
- Maintain accurate and timely records of member interactions within the Salesforce database.
- Responds to various inquiries from the general public and provides definitive answers.
- Send out membership and contribution acknowledgement packets. Assist with stewardship activities and development events as needed.
- Managing outgoing shipping, this includes handling FedEx and Neopost mailing machine
- Providing support and assistance to staff members/departments with a variety of projects and assignments to ensure smooth daily operation, especially to Development team, as well as the Special Events.
- Needs to have fluent verbal and written English skills
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel proficiency is required
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing ability and organization and attention to detail
- Flexible demeanor essential
- Great communication skills
- Outgoing personality
Hourly Rate, competitive with the D.C. market
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Part Time Receptionist in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.