The White House Historical Association is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, positive Retail Sales Associate to assist our customers in the White House History Shop on 1610 H Street, Washington D.C. It is a museum style retail shop, open Monday - Friday.
- Welcome all customers who visit our shop and assist them in the selection and purchase of merchandise.
- Assist visitors to the extent possible, understanding the Sales Associate's role as a representative of the White House Historical Association.
- Have thorough knowledge of the shop’s merchandise and effectively communicate the product features and the item’s significance to our mission.
- Accurately conduct transactions through our POS system, appropriately handling of a variety of forms of payment.
- Assist with annual inventory process and daily inventory maintenance; perform housekeeping duties, price changes, and ticketing. Straighten and restock products as needed, notifying the Shop Manager of any needs.
- Assist with visual merchandising, floor moves and displays.
- Open the store promptly and on time for the assigned shift, including counting the cash drawer for the day.
- Close the store for the assigned shift, including reconciling the cash drawer for the day.
- Other related duties that contribute to sales, achieving our business goals, and team success.
- Minimum 3+ years Retail Sales and Customer Service Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- College Degree Preferred, High School Diploma Required.
- Knowledge of White House History is a bonus
- The hourly salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and references to IGahrmann@whha.org and include Part-Time Retail Sales Associate in the subject line.