The White House Historical Association is looking for enthusiastic, dedicated, positive Retail Sales Associates to assist our customers in both of our DC locations. The White House Visitor Center is a full time position. The White House History Shop is part time.
- Welcome all customers who visit our shops and assist them in the selection and purchase of merchandise. Assist visitors to the extent possible, understanding the Sales Associate's role as a representative of the White House Historical Association
- Have thorough knowledge of the shop’s merchandise and effectively communicate the product features and the item’s significance to our mission.
- Accurately conduct transactions through our POS system, appropriately handling of a variety of forms of payment.
- Assist with annual inventory process and daily inventory maintenance; perform housekeeping duties, price changes, and ticketing. Straighten and restock products as needed, notifying the Shop Manager of any needs. Assist with visual merchandising, floor moves and displays.
- Open the store promptly and on time for the assigned shift, including counting the cash drawer for the day.
- Close the store for the assigned shift, including reconciling the cash drawer for the day.
- Other related duties that contribute to sales, achieving our business goals, and team success.
- Full time position requires holiday and weekend hours.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years Retail Sales and Customer Service Experience for the full time position.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- College Degree Preferred, High School Diploma Required.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Sales Associate in the subject line.