Special Event Coordinators (SECs) support the Special Events Department with on-site management of Decatur Carriage House events, meetings, weddings and receptions. In addition, SEC’s will support the ongoing operations of the Special Events Department as necessary, including but not limited to, conducting site visits with prospective clients and attending quarterly staff meetings. This is an hourly position.
- Act as primary representative of the White House Historical Association’s Special Events Department during Decatur House rental events
- Protect venue and its property by ensuring strict adherence to site policies and procedures
- Actively coordinate vendors and event staff throughout event; conduct pre- & post-event walk-through’s; oversee all event details and schedules as stated in the Event Report; troubleshoot any site-related issue that might arise
- Give tours of Decatur House
- Display professional and customer-oriented demeanor at all times while providing excellent event management and customer service, and upholding the museum’s event guidelines and procedures
- Create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere with all event vendors, event planners and clients in order to insure a successful event experience.
Special Events Department Support:
- Conduct site visits with prospective clients during event set-up or at other scheduled times
- Perform administrative duties and projects as designated by the Director of Special Events
College degree preferred. Enthusiastic, positive, and flexible nature is a must, as is customer service experience. Must have flexible availability and be able to work late nights, weekends, and holidays. In peak season, must be available to work a minimum of three events. Event management, museum/historic house work experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume with the subject line "Special Event Coordinator" to Arioth Harrison-Smirne, Director of Special Events (AHarrison@whha.org). The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.