The White House Historical Association (WHHA) is seeking a special events associate to join the team. This full-time position will assist and be supervised by the Director of Special Events at WHHA's Decatur House.
Event Marketing duties to include but not limited to:
- Managing Facebook and social media accounts with event promotions, event photos etc.
- Assist with the developing and execution of event promotions and marketing initiatives
Administrative duties to include but not limited to:
- Drafting client contracts
- Process invoices and requests for deposit refunds and refund letters. Collects payment information (such as credit card information) and submits this information to the association accounting office for processing.
- Create event instruction documents for hourly event staff and vendors to follow.
- Update regularly the master event calendar, budget sheets and mailing lists.
- Send out client reminder notices.
- Generate new business by executing outbound sales call to drive awareness; identifying and pursuing targets
- Attend industry events and seminars promoting the site and meeting vendors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with targeted vendors, clients, and prospects
- Assist in managing vendor schedules for each client’s event assuring vendor load-in and load-out are carried out and completed in a timely manner. Assures site policies and event procedures are upheld, and with no disruptions to other possible events taking place on the site.
- Coordinate with other WHHA staff such as maintenance to assure Decatur House is ready for an event, and any follow-up maintenance that may be required during and/or after an event.
- Conduct site visits with potential clients providing detailed site information, and fully answering any questions so that the prospective client will leave with a positive feeling about renting the site for their event.
- Assist with the planning and staffing of in-house events
- College degree preferred; Or a minimum of three (3) years event and/or hospitality experience
- Working knowledge of the following systems; Excel, Eventbrite, Emma
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays and staff special events as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and customer relation skills
- Ability to successfully manage a wide array of tasks and thrive in a often fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Please send cover letters, salary requirements, and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.