The White House Historical Association (WHHA) is seeking part-time Visitor Services Assistants to interact with the public for exhibitions, tours, and occasional special events at the David M. Rubenstein National Center for White House History.
- Greet visitors to the exhibition and interact with them in a friendly, professional manner throughout the duration of their visit;
- Help to maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming exhibition: includes properly setting up the exhibition each morning and securing it each evening, reporting all safety issues to appropriate personnel, and monitoring proper use of the exhibition throughout the day;
- Lead public and private tours of the National Center for White House History at Decatur House for up to 30 guests;
- Maintain daily visitor log.
- College degree or enrollment in a four-year program required;
- Past visitor services/tour guide experience preferred;
- Background in history, architecture, museum studies, art, or education a plus;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, ascend/descend stairs, and lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Part-time, seasonal position. Regular hours cannot be guaranteed in between exhibitions;
- Exhibition hours are Monday-Saturday, 11:30am to 4:30pm (up to 24 hours per week);
- Required to work at least two Saturdays per month during exhibitions;
- Hours for public tours are Mondays, 10:30am to 3:00pm, year round.
Visitor Services Assistants will be compensated at an hourly rate of $12.50. Part time employees are not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Visitor Services Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications must be received by October 31, 2016.