- White House History Shop 1610 H Street NW Washington DC 20006 U.S.A.
The White House Historical Association is pleased to announce its upcoming Holiday Book Festival Week, a daily event for the week of November 29 - December 3 from 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m. Each day will feature a theme and a set of authors available to sign copies of their award-winning books. The daily book signings will take place in the Carriage House at 1610 H Street NW, adjacent to the White House History Shop where a full range of White House-inspired gifts are available.
The White House Historical Association published its first book, The White House: An Historic Guide, in 1962. For nearly sixty years, the Association has continued to produce award-winning books on a wide range of subjects related to the history of the President’s House, from its architecture, gardens, fine and decorative arts to the presidents and first ladies who lived there over the years. Our list includes titles that will appeal to history buffs and art lovers, connoisseurs and curious amateurs, scholars and tourists, adults and children.
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Food, Wine, and the President's Table
- Matthew Wendel will be signing Recipes from the President's Ranch: Food People Like to Eat
- Roland Mesnier will join by Zoom to meet our customers. Pre-signed copies of his books Creating the Sweet World of White House Desserts and The White House in Gingerbread will be available.
- A limited number of The White House Kids' "State Dinner" Cook Book pre-signed by Michelle Obama will be available.
- Wine and the White House: A History pre-signed by Frederick J. Ryan, Jr.
- Official White House China pre-signed by William Allman
- Marcia Anderson and Kristen Mason will be signing The Official White House Ornament: Collected Stories of A Holiday Tradition
- Raffle: Enter a raffle to win an original drawing by artist John Hutton!
Can't make it to our book festival in person? Join us on Facebook and YouTube each day for a virtual program around the theme of the day. Our publications and gifts can always be purchased on our shopping website.
From Monday, November 29 through Friday, December 3, get 15% off all books and quarterly journals with the promo code BOOKFESTIVAL2021.