Checklist & Rubric
Make sure your project has all the required parts!
Does my/our Storyboard have . . .
- Film Title
- Clear images made by hand, computer, or through another medium
- Descriptions of what is happening in each scene
- If used, descriptions of the type of audio playing in each scene (voice-over, on-camera narration, music, etc.)
- An introduction that presents school and topic/presidential decision
- References to primary and secondarysources in annotated bibliography
- Appearances by student participant(s) and the Racing President
- Organization showing a logical sequence of events
- Pages that are numbered and in order
Does my/our Essay . . .
- Clearly state which president and presidential decision
- Explain why that decision is important or meaningful
- Discuss why the president was able to make that decision (What Constitutional authority allowed him to make that decision?)
- Describe how that decision affected many different people or groups in the United States or around the world
- Include references to primary sources from annotated bibliography
- Appear organized and easy to read
- Contain between 500 and 1,000 words
Does my/our Annotated Bibliography have . . .
- At least 5 primary sources
- A variety of types of primary sources (newspapers, letters, maps, photos, cartoons, etc.)
- At least 2 secondary sources
- A description of why those sources were selected and an explanation of how they were used in the storyboard and essay
Overall, my/our Project . . .
Hasall required parts
- Contains accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Looks neat and organized