The White House Collection: The Truman Interiors
On March 27, 1952, President and Mrs. Truman returned to a freshly renovated White House after living at Blair House since November 1948....
These pine and plaster bookends were made in 1950. They are fashioned from brackets removed from the White House State Dining Room during a major renovation that took place during the Truman administration. This photograph was taken by Jim Allen.