Sharon came to the Association with a deep connection to the White House. Her father was a White House usher from the Kennedy administration until the Reagan administration. She started her involvement with the Association during the summer of 1976 while working in the Association’s shop on the Ellipse with her mother. Her professional career with the Association’s retail branch started in 1995 when she began working at the gift shop in the White House. She worked in the shop until the events of 9/11 forced it to close and she was transferred to the Association’s headquarters at 740 Jackson Place. She worked with the publications department proofreading and was involved in processing payroll, occasionally helping in the gift shop. She moved full time to the White House History Shop at 1610 H Street in 2014.