Eighteen White House weddings have been documented:
March 29, 1812
Lucy Payne Washington (the sister of Dolley Madison) married Thomas Todd on the State Floor, probably in the Blue Room.
March 9, 1820
Maria Hester Monroe (daughter of President and Mrs. James Monroe) married Samuel Lawrence Gouverneur (Mrs. Monroe's nephew) on the State Floor, probably in the Blue Room.
February 25, 1828
John Adams (son of President and Mrs. John Quincy Adams) married Mary Catherine Hellen (Mrs. Adams' niece) in the Blue Room.
April 10, 1832
Mary A. Eastin (Rachel Jackson's niece) married Lucius J. Polk in the East Room.
November 29, 1832
Mary Anne Lewis (daughter of a close friend of President Andrew Jackson) married Alphonse Pageot in the East Room.
January 31, 1842
Elizabeth Tyler (daughter of President and Mrs. John Tyler) married William Waller in the East Room.
May 21, 1874
Nellie Grant (daughter of President and Mrs. Ulysses S. Grant) married Algernon Sartoris in the East Room.
Emily Platt (niece of Lucy Hayes) married Russell Hastings in the Blue Room.
June 2, 1886
President Grover Cleveland married Frances Folsom in the Blue Room.
February 17, 1906
Alice Lee Roosevelt (daughter of President and Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt) married Nicholas Longworth in the East Room.
November 25, 1913
Jessie Woodrow Wilson (daughter of President and Mrs. Woodrow Wilson) married Francis Bowes Sayre in the East Room.
May 7, 1914
Eleanor Randolph Wilson (daughter of President and Mrs. Woodrow Wilson) married William Gibbs McAdoo in the Blue Room.
August 7, 1918
Alice Wilson (niece of President Woodrow Wilson) married Isaac Stuart McElroy, Jr., in the Blue Room.
July 30, 1942
Harry Hopkins (assistant to President Franklin D. Roosevelt) married Louise Gill Macy in the Second Floor Oval Room (then the president's study).
December 9, 1967
Lynda Bird Johnson (daughter of President and Mrs. Johnson) married Charles Spittal Robb in the East Room.
June 12, 1971
Tricia Nixon (daughter of President and Mrs. Richard Nixon) married Edward Finch Cox in the Rose Garden.
May 28, 1994
Anthony Rodham (brother of Hillary Rodham Clinton) married Nicole Boxer in the Rose Garden.
October 19, 2013
Chief Official White House photographer Pete Souza was married to Patti Lease in the Rose Garden.
Twelve children of incumbent presidents were married at locations other than the White House. In the past one hundred years the wedding locations have been as far flung as a small church in New England, the stylish Bel-Air Hotel in Los Angeles, or an observation platform overlooking the Grand Canyon. Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt celebrated marriages of all five of their children during their long administration. Each, four sons and one daughter, chose to be married at locations other than the White House.
- Andrew Jackson Jr. to Sarah York November 24, 1831 in Philadelphia.
- Abraham Van Buren to Angelica Singleton November 27, 1838 at Home Place Plantation in South Carolina.
- Frederick Grant married Ida Marie Honore on October 20, 1874 at the Honore home at Vincennes and 47th Street.
- Elliott Roosevelt married Ruth Googins on July 22, 1933 in Burlington, Iowa. They divorced and on December 3, 1944 he married actress and television personality Faye Emerson on an observation platform overlooking the Grand Canyon.
- Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, Jr. married journalist John Boettiger on January 18, 1935 in the Roosevelt's New York City home.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Jr. married Ethel Du Pont on June 30, 1937. The ceremony, heralded as the wedding of the decade, was held at Christ Church, Christiana Hundred, Delaware. A reception followed at Owl's Nest, the estate of the bride's parents Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Du Pont at Greenville, Delaware. Some 300 invitations were issued for the wedding with an additional 900 invitations to the reception. The couple was featured on the cover of Time Magazine.
- John Aspinwall Roosevelt married Anne Lindsay Clark, a Boston debutante, on June 18, 1938 in Nahant, Massachusetts. President and Mrs. Roosevelt traveled from Washington, D.C. by special train to attend the ceremonies, to which 300 had been invited.
- James Roosevelt married Romelle Schneider at the home of Mr. and Mrs. George P. Connverse in Beverly Hills, California on April 14, 1941.
- Luci Johnson married Patrick Nugent on August 6, 1966 at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. Afterward President and Mrs. Johnson welcomed some 700 guests to a reception in the White House.
- Maureen Reagan married Dennis Revell on April 25, 1981 at the stylish Beverly Hills Hotel with 375 guests attending.
- President and Mrs. Reagan attended Patti Davis (Patricia Ann Reagan) wedding to Paul Grilley on August 14, 1984 at the Bel-Air Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
- Dorothy Walker Bush married Robert Koch on June 26, 1992 at Camp David. She is the only presidential child to be married at Camp David.
- Jenna Welch Bush married Henry Chase Hager on May 10, 2008, at her parents' Prairie Chapel Ranch near Crawford, Texas. A reception for the newlyweds was held at the White House on June 21, 2008.
Two children of presidents chose to marry after their fathers were elected but before they had taken office, Julie Nixon to David Eisenhower, grandson of President Eisenhower, on December 22, 1968 and Ron Reagan, Jr. to Doria Palmieri on November 24, 1980.