The White House Historical Association is seeking a Director of Digital Outreach. The Director will develop, plan, and implement a comprehensive digital strategy to engage new audiences, supporters, stakeholders, and the public with all educational facets of the White House Historical Association and The People’s House: A White House Experience. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications, and Engagement and works closely with the David M. Rubenstein National Center for White House History, Publications, Retail, and the President’s Office.
The Director of Digital Outreach will collaborate with each department to ensure the Association’s resources, publications, podcasts, research initiatives, public programming, Digital Library assets and exhibits, fellowship and internship opportunities, and scholarship are more accessible and readily available for all via the digital ecosystem of the Association.
The Director will also help plan and coordinate a digital outreach strategy to engage interest in The People’s House: A White House Experience. This transformative educational space will open in fall 2024, and the Director will carry out digital strategies to inform diverse audiences and groups about the experience, raise national and international awareness of its content and exhibits, and encourage individuals to visit both in-person and online.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive digital strategy plan to deploy the Association’s educational resources, virtual tours, digital assets, research and scholarship, public programs, publications, and podcasts across different platforms and networks.
- Lead the effort to reach 5 million users through the Association’s digital resources within the next five years.
- Develop milestones and metrics to assess audience growth over time according to the comprehensive strategy.
- Create and evolve partnerships with tech companies and vendors that can increase the Association’s outreach, impact, and influence efforts.
- Work with colleagues in each department to increase visibility and awareness of key projects and initiatives, including the iCivics partnership and game.
- Collaborate with other departments to collectively expand the Association’s network of supporters, followers, and members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of relevant experience working in communications or digital content required. Previous experience within the field of education and nonprofit a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a group to develop and achieve shared goals.
- Experience producing web-based communication campaigns, marketing materials, or large-scale publications.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Salesforce or other CRMs, social media platforms, search engine marketing campaigns, and content management systems such as Craft or WordPress. Familiarity with educational platforms such as LibGuides, Padlet, etc. a plus.
- A background or interest in American history, the presidency, or the White House is a plus.
WHHA offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Life insurance
- Long/Short term Disability
- Long term Healthcare Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 403B Matching.
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Day
- Paid Meal Breaks
- Metro Smart Benefits
- Employee Discount Program
Candidates selected for this position must pass a full background and reference check.
The White House Historical Association is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization founded in 1961 by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy to enhance the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. For more than sixty years, the Association has produced award-winning books on a wide range of subjects related to the history of the President’s House and has actively fulfilled its educational mission with robust educational programming and retail offerings.
This is NOT a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House Collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
How to Apply
Send cover letter describing your relevant experiences, and your resume in a single Word document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.