Explore this reading list to discover exciting titles related to all sorts of Easter and springtime topics including the White House Easter Egg Roll, gardening, and playing outdoors! Some books on this list will also help you gain more knowledge about the history of the White House and how it’s come to be one of America’s most important symbols.
- The White House Easter Egg Roll: A History for All Ages. By Jonathan Pliska and illustrated by John Hutton. Available in our online shop!
- Scamper: The Bunny Who Went to the White House. By Anna Roosevelt and illustrated by Majorie Flack.
- Diana’s White House Garden. Elisa Carbone and illustrated by Jen Hill. Available in our online shop!
- First Garden: The White House Garden and How It Grew. By Robbin Gourley.
- Presidents Play! Illustrated by John Hutton and text by Jonathan Pliska. Read it digitally here. Also available in our online shop!
- Pets at the White House. By Marge Kennedy.
- A White House Alphabet. Illustrated by John Hutton and text by Arioth Harrison Smirne with Rocco Smirne. Read it digitally here.
Also available in our online shop!
- 1,000 Facts about the White House. By Sarah Flynn with a foreword written by the President of the White House Historical Association, Stewart McLaurin. Available in our online shop!